Monday, February 3, 2014

No more free wheeling

I didn't do an amazing job of sticking to the plan last week. I still skipped one run. However, it was an improvement over the week prior, AND my long run on Sunday was a success. It's still really cold, and really slick outside, so I ran six miles on the dreadmill. Upsides? I caught up on American Horror Story: Coven and the dogs kept me company. I managed to do about an 11 min/mile pace throughout the whole run with no stops.
#RWdogsontherun


I did my best to put off that long run because the five-miler last week felt awful. However, I ate breakfast about two hours before my run, which kept my stomach from rumbling. I often am running on empty since I do most of my runs after work, so it was a nice change to feel like I had good energy from start to finish. Also, it felt like everything just.....came together. I wasn't uncomfortable or tired until the very end. Bored, yes? But the beauty of the treadmill is it keeps moving forward until you shut-er down.

For the fueling breakfast, I made "healthy pancakes" and had one serving with two pieces of turkey bacon, a little maple syrup and a banana. Once I got over the fact that they are really not like pancakes at all, I didn't mind the slightly chewy texture. Unfortunately, they were gone so fast, I forgot to take a photo. Here's the recipe, though. 

Healthy Pancakes
1/3 C. regular oats (not quick oats)
3 T. egg whites
1 T. non-fat milk
1 T. fat-free cottage cheese
1/8 t. vanilla extract
1 T. flour
1 non-cal sweetner packet (I use real sugar instead)
2 T. water
pinch salt

Combine all ingredients and stir until well mixed. If you want, fold in berries or cut up fruit. I just served mine on the side. Spray skillet with nonstick spray, get pan pretty hot and drop batter into pan to form three pancakes. Flip and respray to prevent sticking. Cook until both sides are slightly browned. 

These macros are slightly off if you real sugar, but it will give you an idea. This would be a great recipe if you are diabetic or watching your sugars. Instead of syrup, I've used a little apricot jam as a topper-- also delicious.

Cals: 201
Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 295 mg
Carbs: 32 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sugars: 6 g
Protein: 13 g



No comments:

Post a Comment